How do I copy all categories in one database to a new database?
To copy all categories in a database to a new
database. First create a new (temporary) empty named collection then export the
empty named collection to the new database:
Creating a new named collection
- Go to Collections - New
and enter a name for a new collection.
- Click OK and the new collection has been created. Do not put any images
into this collection unless you want them exported to the new database as
- This temporary collection can later be deleted.
Exporting the Temporary Collection
- Make your new collection the
- Go to Collection - Export Active Collection
- Select New Database, or Merge if you have already started your new
- Browse to the location for the new database and enter a name for it (or
browse to an existing one)
- Select Copy all current Database Categories
- Click OK
As there are no images in your collection no images will be copied to the new
database. However as you have selected Copy all current database
categories, the entire set of categories will be exported to the new
database. If you now open this database it will have a full set of categories
but no images.
© 2004 Focus Software Solutions www.focussoftware.co.uk