Tutorial 2 - Importing Images
In this section of the tutorial you will learn how to import new images to
your database. You will need some images of your own available to do this step.
- If your images already have thumbnail files then you must first set
ImageDB to recognise these thumbnails. Select View
- Options and set the thumbnail prefix or suffix to whatever convention
you are using.
- Select View - Browse from the
main menu and use the folder tree in the left pane to navigate to a folder containing your
images. As you click on a folder you will see all files in that folder
display in the main ImageDB window.
- Select a number of images to import - you can use the shift and control
keys when clicking to select multiple images. Select enough for us to do
some categorisation work on them in the later stages of this tutorial. Ten
to fifteen should be fine. Try and select some images that are of different
subjects and some that have common aspects.
- Select Image - Import Images. Leave
the defaults set as they are unless you already have thumbnails in which
case clear the create thumbnails box. Click OK. Records have now been
made inside ImageDB for these images and, if selected, thumbnails will have been created. Although not absolutely necessary for ImageDB to run, thumbnails will
help it run faster and they are required for web site generation.
- These images need to be categorised before they are fully integrated into
- Select View - Database and
clear any selected categories (you can use Categories
- Clear All). You should now see thumbnails of the imported images; as
they have no categories associated with them yet, they are displayed when no
categories are selected!
Go to the next step
For more information on the importing images go here.
© 2004 Focus Software Solutions www.focussoftware.co.uk