Tutorial 2 - Slideshows
In this section of the tutorial you will learn how to run a slideshow.
- Select one or more categories so that there are a number of images
- Select View - Options. In the Slideshow
section of the ImageDB options dialog box set an appropriate slideshow interval - say 4 seconds. Also
check the View full screen check box if it is not already checked and
uncheck the Cycle continuously box. Click OK.
- Whilst playing the space bar will pause and continue the slideshow and the
escape (Esc) key will stop it. Hitting the left arrow key will decrease the
interval (speed it up) and the right arrow key will increase the interval
(slow it down). This speed change will not be immediate but will take effect
from the next slide displayed. Now either use the View -
Play Slideshow or the button to
play the slideshow. The slideshow will take over the full screen and step
through of all the current images. You can experiment with the keys just
- If it is still running stop the slideshow with the escape key. It will
finish with the last image being viewed full size so click it to return to
the thumbnail view.
- Now select just a few of the images in the display - say six - (Remember
the shift and control keys can be used to make multiple selections) and run
the slideshow again. This time you should see a slideshow of just your
- It would be useful to create selected slideshows that can be repeated.
This can be done using Named Collections the topic of the next tutorial.
Go to the next step
For more information on the Category Tree go here.
© 2004 Focus Software Solutions www.focussoftware.co.uk