Tutorial - Importing Images
In this section of the tutorial you will learn how to import new images to
your database and categorise them. Some new images have been provided in the
folder newimages under your installation folder.
- Select View - Browse from the
main menu and use the folder tree in the left pane to navigate to the newimages
folder in your installation folder. As you click on a folder you will see
all files in that folder
display in the main ImageDB window.
- The provided newimages folder contains five JPEG images. Select all
five images to import - you can use the shift and control
keys when clicking to select multiple images.
- Select Image - Import Images. Leave
the defaults set as they are and click OK. Records have now been made
inside ImageDB for these five images and thumbnails will have been created. Although not absolutely necessary for ImageDB to run, thumbnails will
help it run faster and they are required for web site generation.
- These images need to be categorised before they are fully integrated into
- Select View - Database and
clear any selected categories (you can use Categories
- Clear All). You should now see thumbnails of the imported images; as
they have no categories associated with them yet, they are displayed when no
categories are selected!
Go to the next step
For more information on the importing images go here.
© 2004 Focus Software Solutions www.focussoftware.co.uk